Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Good Friend Called Home - Jack Kinsella

Hon

 

 

Good Friend Called Home - Jack Kinsella

ray-jack-410-200Earlier this week I  learned that an old dear friend of mine was rushed to the hospital. Many of you know him and probably love his work as much as I have.

I just learned that my good friend, John “Jack” Michael Kinsella went home to be with the Lord March 14, 2013 at 12:30 pm.

So I am sitting here with tears in my eye trying to write this, paying honor to a good man, husband, father and friend.

Thinking back, I am so glad that I was able to see Jack one last time at the Future Congress Conference in Dallas this past January 2013.

jack kinsella twibpHe looked like his same old Jack, he dropped a few pound and  maybe added a few more grey hairs.  Over all he looked great and the time spent together was good.

I have known Jack now for close to 25 years. I remember when he was writing for the LaLonde Brothers' show "This Week In Bible Prophecy."

From time to time he would also be one of their reporters reporting on some sort of event taking place or some sort of story.

Back in the early 1990's I got together with Ron Graff of http://www.bible-prophecy.comand we decided to put together a bible prophecy conference. We had Tim LaHaye, Berit Kjos, Gary Kah, and also Jack Kinsella. I had some other folks speaking as well and it was a lot of fun. It was the first time I got to meet Jack face to face and we hit it off great.

Time passed and things changed. I stepped away from Prophezine for a few years and then God was gracious and brought it back full circle.

In 2005 the person who was running Prophezine asked if I wanted it back. I talked to Tracye about it and what it would entail and we both agreed.

In 2006 Jack was taking trips in his RV around the country, that was when gas was cheap. One of those stops was here at our house and we held our "PZ - OL Weekend."

We had folks show up from all over the US and in fact one year it became an international event when some folk from Canada planned on attending.

jackgayle

It was a wonderful time, great fellowship, Jack and I took turns teaching. We had great food and BBQ, just a wonderful time.

We looked back on those time fondly.

Jack and I talked about our PZ -OL Weekends in Dallas this past January and relived some of the finer and funnier moments.

all-four-of-us

Folks, Jack is now with the Lord, that is His promise...

1 Coronthians 5:3  For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

Please Pray also for his wife Gayle and all the kids and grand kids. Pray for daughter Kari and husband Mike who helps run Omega Letter.

I know that Jack touched a lot of people's lives. He touched mine for sure.

jack-teaching2

I am going to miss Jack a lot. His down to earth wisdom when it came to scripture, and his dry wit that always put a smile on my face.

The world has lost another outstanding watchman on the wall, but he has been called to bigger and better duties in heaven.

Jack, I am going to miss you man. The wall is emptying out of good men like you. I look forward to the day that we can all get together again and talk about the good old days.

You were a mentor to me in many ways and a fellow Soldier for the Lord that I will never forget. You have run the race well, and now you are hearing " Enter my kingdom my good and faithful servant.

It has been such a blessing in knowing you and calling you friend and co-watchman.

Till we meet again -- Maranatha!

jack-kinsella-2006

Here is the announcement that I just got from the family only a few minutes ago...

Below is the obituary we are sending out today to the local newspapers.  Many have asked what they can do for us as we get through this.  Like my Dad's final note to you, please don't leave us yet and we covet your continued prayers for strength, healing and HIS guidance.  Please accept our deepest condolences for your loss.  The world is a lesser place without Jack Kinsella.

John “Jack” Michael Kinsella was born October 7, 1952 in Fort Erie Ontario and went home to be with the Lord March 14, 2013 at 12:30 pm at the age of 60.

Son of the late, Jack Kinsella and Doris Kinsella (Winn).

John lived his life as a hero beginning at age 10 when he received the Carnegie award for heroism.  In 1969, John signed up to the US Marines at the tender age of 16 where he served until 1975 receiving an honorable discharge. During his service for the Marines, John also had a battle with cancer and won.   He then began his career in law enforcement in North Texas reaching the rank of Captain before the age of 30.   He then headed back to his hometown of Fort Erie where he dedicated his life to the service of the Lord Jesus Christ preaching, teaching and mentoring until the Lord took him from this world to grant him his heavenly rewards.

John is survived by his wife, partner and best friend Gayle Kinsella (Snyder).  His brothers, Roy, Walter and Tony Kinsella, his sisters Jacqueline Anderson, Barbara Dumelie and Georgina Wisbey and all of their children, who greatly admired their Uncle “Johnny”.

He leaves behind six children, Karen Velemirovich (Mike), John Kinsella, Charlyn Fischer, Richard Kinsella (Nikki), Michael Fischer (Kerilyn) and Jessica Cook to whom he freely shared all his accumulated wisdom.   John loved and enjoyed all of his 9 grandchildren, Hannah, Jacob, Michael, Taya, Bailey, Sarah, Tristan, Lorilai and Natasha.

John was also a loving cousin and nephew to the Opatovsky, Pooler, Spear and James Families.

John lived his life to the absolute fullest and made every moment count.  Being ready at all times to give an answer for the hope that was in him.

Friends may visit at The Williams Funeral Home, 722 Ridge Road North, Ridgeway, Sunday March 17th, 2013, from 5-9PM EST.  A Funeral Service to celebrate John's life will be held in the Williams Chapel, Monday afternoon at 1PM EST.  Interment will follow at Ridgeway Memorial Cemetary.

No comments:

Post a Comment